Table of Contents
Each piece of furniture delivers years of eye appeal. Unfortunately, furniture is not guaranteed to last forever. By the time, it is ready to be replaced, the eye appeal is long gone. Furniture is one of the most expensive household items, along with large appliances. Most homeowners, tenants, and businesses dread the day when it is time to replace large pieces of furniture. The apprehension is contributed to the cost of new furniture, removal, and disposal. Instead of being apprehensive, you should embrace this opportunity to bring back the eye appeal with new furniture and décor.
Furniture Removal And Disposal Made Easy
It is understandable why furniture removal and disposal cause apprehensive among all consumers. Not only is their concern for the legalities but also, the resources required to complete the removal and disposal processes. Do not stress, our junk removal team is here is to help.
Our residential and commercial furniture removal is available via an appointment only. We recommend initiating the process by taking advantage of our free furniture removal consultation. This appointment provides clients an opportunity to voice their furniture removal concerns, ask questions, and obtain a free written estimate.
How To Legally Dispose Of Furniture?
Staying on the side of the law when disposing of large pieces of furniture is not tossing it out on the side of a road. It is about heeding the municipality’s furniture removal and disposal regulations. You can find these regulations on the official government website or by contacting the agency directly via landline, email, or social media.
How Our Residential And Commercial Furniture Removal And Disposal Works?
As previously mentioned above, to initiate the furniture removal process, consumers must schedule an appointment for a consultation. During the consultation, a member of the junk removal team will meet with the client and other residents of the property to discuss our furniture removal services. If the client agrees, the technician will conduct a visual assessment of the furniture to determine the best removal strategy.
- The property owner requests a furniture removal consultation
- The technician will arrive at the property about 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment
- The technician and the property owner will discuss our furniture removal services
- The technician, with the client’s authorization, will inspect the furniture
- The technician collects data throughout the inspection
- The data is then utilized to customize a strategy for the furniture removal and disposal
- The client schedules an appointment for the removal
- The junk removal team arrives at the property to complete the furniture removal
- The furniture is loaded into the back of our work trucks
- The furniture is transported to a local donation or recycling center
Disposing Of Large Furniture In Local Dumpsters
Before tossing your old furniture in a dumpster, we suggest reaching out to your local trash collection service. Some trash services will collect and dispose of furniture, excluding large pieces. It is illegal to utilize a public dumpster to dispose of unapproved furniture.
Taking A Couch Apart
Before getting rid of your couch, you’ll likely have to take it apart. Start by removing the cushions and pillows. Set them aside so you can deal with them later.
- Flip the sofa over.
- Take the legs apart.
- Get rid of the upholstery.
- Tear the frame into smaller pieces.
- Call our office so we can remove the components for you.
Who Can Deal With Old Furniture?
Thankfully, multiple entities can help you get rid of old furniture. Try the methods below first.
- Your city’s trash service might pick up your old furniture. Some will. Check with local officials to find out.
- The furniture can be sold or given away. Be sure to tell the buyer to come to pick up the items.
- Find out if a local charity will come to pick it up. Doing so ensures that you’re helping someone in need.
- Put it in your truck and take it to the dump. It won’t be easy, but it is another option.
- Hire our qualified junk removal specialists because they’ve dealt with old furniture many times.
Dealing with Office Equipment & Furniture During A Move
Your office likely has many pieces of furniture. You likely have a computer chair, computer desk, television, monitor, shelf, cabinet, and more. When moving to a new office, it’ll be difficult to deal with these items. It is a good idea to take them with you if you can. If you don’t want them, you can donate the furniture to a nonprofit or a friend. Alternatively, you can sell these items and make some of your money back.
We can help you get rid of these items if you prefer to recycle them.
We’ll Help Recycle Your Wood Furniture
Many pieces of furniture contain wood. Therefore, there is a good chance that you’ll have to dispose of wood furniture at some point. The good news is that most of these items can indeed be recycled. However, it depends on the type of wood you’re dealing with. If you have pressure-treated wood, you likely can’t recycle it. Instead, you’ll need to find a different way to get rid of it. It is hard to recycle wood that has been painted, stained, or varnished. You’ll also have more difficulty disposing of chipboard and particleboard. Call our office so we can find a way to help.
We can dispose of all types of furniture, including ottomans, beds, futons, couches, bookcases, headboards, and more.